Vallejo Intersection Repaving Starts Sunday
VALLEJO – Overnight repaving work will begin Sunday on four Vallejo intersections along State Route 29/Sonoma Boulevard as Caltrans performs long-sought road surface improvements through next week.
“We’ve heard loud and clear that fixing these jarring intersections is a top priority,” Sen. Dodd said. “Through a partnership with Caltrans and the city of Vallejo, I’m happy to say we’re getting it done. It’s an important project that will improve the quality of life for everyone in Vallejo.”
Caltrans will complete all work between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Work will be done one intersection at a time. All lanes will be closed in one direction except at the Tennessee Street intersection, where both north- and southbound lanes will be closed. Detour signs will direct traffic. Work may stop during periods of inclement weather. The repaving schedule is as follows:
- Intersection of southbound SR-29/Sonoma Boulevard and Redwood Street: April 7.
- Intersection of northbound and southbound SR-29/Sonoma Boulevard and Tennessee Street: April 8.
- Intersection of northbound SR-29/Sonoma Boulevard and Valle Vista Avenue: April 9.
- Intersection of southbound SR-29/Sonoma Boulevard and Valle Vista Avenue: April 10.
- Intersection of northbound SR-29/Sonoma Boulevard and Lewis Brown Drive just north of intersection: April 11.
This summer, Caltrans is planning a complete overlay of SR-29/Sonoma Boulevard through Vallejo using money from Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017.
Senator Bill Dodd represents California’s 3rd Senate District, which includes all or portions of Napa, Solano, Sonoma, Yolo, Sacramento, and Contra Costa counties. You can learn more about Senator Dodd at www.sen.ca.gov/dodd.