**Emergency Alert** Napa & Sonoma County Fire Evacuations
This morning, Governor Brown issued an emergency proclamation for Napa and Sonoma Counties due to the effects of multiple fires, including the Tubbs and Atlas fires, which have damaged critical infrastructure, threatened thousands of homes and caused the evacuation of residents.
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the fires. Like so many of our neighbors, I was forced to evacuate my home this morning, and I will be monitoring the status of these fires closely.
Please take necessary precautions to protect yourself, family, friends and neighbors. Here are steps you can take:
- Download NIXLE and text your zip code to 888777. This app allows government agencies to send messages to local residents via phone, email and web. Information is delivered almost instantly.
- Get updates from Cal Fire or
- Download the CAL FIRE Ready for Wildfire app. This app contains a fire location map, alerts you when a wildfire is reported within a specified radius of your location, and provides updates about current wildfires, such as size and containment. Follow Cal Fire on Twitter as well.
- To prepare for an evacuation, take these precautionary steps.
- Be safe- if you feel like you are in danger, leave.
- Listen to mandatory evacuation warnings- if you are under one, evacuate as quickly as possible
- Be aware of road conditions and closures- check here.
- Remember- calls are overwhelming our 911 centers- please call 911 only if you see fire near your house.
Fire, medical and law enforcement mutual aid is continuing to flow into Napa and Sonoma Counties and the North Bay. I am grateful for the heroic fire and emergency personnel working to save lives, and I am so thankful for all those who've stepped up to help our neighbors in need. Stay safe.
Senator, District 3